Tuesday, July 8, 2008

the red barn| Engagement!

I love it when a client has a particular idea in mind and together we can create something so unique and one-of-a-kind!! Kristen and Preston called me asking if I happen to know of a 'red barn and a meadow in the mountains' where we could do their engagement photos. I was racking my brain as I could not think of one that was accessible! I called fellow photographers, asked friends and then it dawned on me!! DUH!!!!!!!! I live down the street from the most beautiful barn EVER!!! and it's RED!! The only problem is that it was private property and the family is very careful as to who they let onto their property. They have been approached for commercials, ads, and all sorts of prods to use their barn as a backdrop. They typically decline offers to use the barn, to keep it private and a sacred place for their family.

It just happened to be our lucky day, when a friend and I were talking about my search for a barn and he said..." hey, let me call my buddy down the street" and the rest is history! I guess sometimes it really IS who you know!! and also I like to think that we are gentle with the land and respect the earth and the neighbors that surround us. I think that the universe works in delightful ways and I feel so fortunate to not only be blessed to know two incredable people like Kristen and Preston but also grateful that when you put your desires out there to the world, the world will usually work on your behalf to help manifest the reality.


Thanks Kristen and Preston for the suggestion, thank you for believing in me and trusting me, and thank you to the owners of the Red Barn, who trusted our vision and allowed us a few moments into their paradise. and with out further ado....the red barn!





No comments: