Monday, July 21, 2008

ALASKA


There's nothing like staring down the 'barrel of a CANON' ....lens that is. I leave for Alaska today and I rented this Canon EF 500 mm f/4L IS lens from the crew at Borrow Lenses out in California. They have been great so far!! I've rented a couple of lenses from them and they are always in great shape and great rental prices too...if you ever need anything check them out, tell them I sent ya! Hoping to catch some big brown Kodiak bears (from far away) and be nature girl for the week. This lens is seriously MASSIVE!!! I just got it this morning and the first words out of my mouth were :" HOLY Sh*t" :)

How about the 'CAMO' coverings :) well, I suppose in order to be one with nature, is to blend with nature ;) I'll hopefully have some amazing pics to post after my return...so just as an FYI, I will be out of town until Wednesday July 30th, and without EMAIL and most likely phone off and on.

I also will be shooting a wedding on Kodiak on Saturday, but for the first time in 4+ years, I'm going as a guest (with camera in tow, of course)..so stay tuned for some of those images too!!!






Take care, see you soon!! Melissa

4 comments:

DCM Photography said...

That lens deserves its own website!

Cathy and David Photography said...

SWEET! I'm totally getting myself a camo-covered lens for my next outdoor wedding ;)

Unknown said...

hey how was it? I'll have to check those rental guys out- I'm planning on heading up to AK next year. how are you doing? Miss you

BlueMoon8599 said...

How do you "get into" doing what you love? Did it take you a long time to start your own business and do what you want?