Friday, March 2, 2007

What are you grateful for?



So, I try in my life to always be conscious of my actions and be fully present. If now is all we have then you must make the most of it...right? Photography for me creates this crazy energy buzz through my body and usually through all the wonderful crazyness of a wedding I find myself very still and calm. When I photograph people or nature or just photograph in general I feel really PRESENT! It's amazing. I think that it is part of the reason I am drawn to photography so much. I find myself saying after a wedding "WOW! I'm so exausted and I have never worked so hard and had SO much fun at the same time." Weddings always seem to trigger a place for me to remember how grateful I am for this life and how precious it is. And all the while realizing all these amazing moments that I am so blessed to capture are tangible memories for the people I photograph. I find myself often getting emotional during the Father/Daughter dance, or a ceremony or the pure look on a grooms face when he see's his wife to be for the first time in her wedding gown, and sometimes brought to tears and I can recall being completely present experiencing the amazing moments that are happening in front of me.
So through all of this...I was thinking, how can I bring that feeling of 'presents' to my day to day life when I am not behind the camera? I love yoga and when I practice I often find myself in that space, but how about while I am driving or while I am filing papers or cleaning the house? My husband, Ben and I started a list 3 weeks ago of what we are grateful for. We promised eachother we would do this for 1 month to see what happens. I feel like I will just keep doing it after the '1 month' is up. It has been a real eye opener- to consciously stop, every day, and physically write down what I am grateful for in that moment! It has been fantastic! I usually look at things on the bright side but this has brought that to a whole new level! When you practice the art of consciously creating good in your life, it will manifest, it will fall into place! I am watching it unfold before my eyes! There is the saying "what you resist, persist" and I have also watched that happen in my life. So, we are really beginning to consciously create grateness in our lives by keeping a list of what we are grateful for!
Next week I am going to post everything my husband and I are grateful for over the last month! I would love to hear what you are grateful for in your life!

No comments: