Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tainted Strawberries??


So, I was getting ready to make a smoothie this morning for breakfast and I noticed this seriously funky strawberry! I typically buy everything organic, but the local store was out of organic strawberries...and I really wanted some...so I bought conventional, pesticide strawberries..the way this strawberrie grew may have nothing to do with chemicals or pesitcides...but it did make me think twice.....hmmmmmm....so I did a little research and found out that strawberries, along with apples, peaches, sweet bell peppers, grapes and spinach (all of my favorites!) contain the highest level of pesticides! Even after washing fruits and veggies, they still have pesticides seeping into the fruit itself (you cannot wash that away)...I learned my lesson today, just another great reason to buy from local organic farmers/and organic produce/and other foods from my local market!


If you are interested in reading a couple of the articles I found, here are the two food for thought links:
Food News
and
MSNBC


Have an organic day :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats crazy! Thanks for the info I did'nt know this:)