Monday, June 25, 2007

The Charming Gardeners-- with gratitude!

Our neighbors and my husband and myself have a community garden that we planted together this late May. It was a true labor of love, because the garden had not been "gardened" in a couple of years so it was full of weeds, dandylions, and prickley things. We spent 2 weekends pulling, digging, conditioning, and re-vamping this beautiful spot to have a lovely garden this year. I must say that things are much more fun with friends!! and it's almost a month later..and we have some serious progress going on!! I am very excited to have our own veggies this summer!!! I cannot wait to go and pick my choice of fresh salad lettices, carrots, onions and radishes for a most delicious salad--that we grew and cared for!! Talk about a labor of love!

So I started thinking of how grateful I am for the people in my life, my family and friends that surround me and my wonderful clients for whom are some of the most dynamic and spectacular people I have ever met! I am forever grateful for your companionship, trust, love, respect, wisdom and for inviting me to smile--knowing that I am surrounded by beauty and friendship!

Thank you!

here's a couple pics from 'The Charming Garden'--and one of my favorite quotes...they seem to tie together!









"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom"-Mark Proust

Have a wonderful day!!
Melissa

1 comment:

Steven Kang said...

Beautiful garden and congrats on membership with WPJA.