Monday, June 11, 2007

I'm BACK!

SO my husband and I just got back from an awesome tour of Southern Colorado! It's the first time in a-long-time...since my honeymoon that I have actually left work behind..no computer, no cell phone....talk about disconnect! Now, sun baked, relaxed, and ready to rock, I am back....I have a lot of BLOG's to catch up on (and work) (he he)...I'll be sure to post pics sometime later today of our trip...stay tuned!


so..my camera battery went dead...I did not take this image of the sanddunes...(It came from a local "what to do in San Luis Valley" magazine) which were amazing!! In June there is a wide creek that runs at the bottom of the enormous dunes (the tallest in the country) and after climbing to the "tallest" dune...it was nice to cool off in the water :)

Ha Ha...I didn't take this one either...this rafting picture came from "Adventure Magazine"--we did however go rafting on the Animas in Durango, CO...it's one of the last free flowing rivers in the United States...cool! The water was FREEZING!! Let me reiderate that........FREEZING!! OMG! but it was a blast!! I cannot wait to do that again this summer!! Colorado River/Grand Canyon anyone?


all of these are from Mesa Verde in Southwestern Colorado. I finally made it here! I have been wanting to explore this part of Colorado for close to 20 years..yea I made it!! Check out our 'tour guide' His name was Paul, he was very nice!! and informative. You can't go into the ruins without a guided tour...so Paul was the man!
The Puebloians lived in this area for about 800 years and left around the year 1300..these are amazing..95% of everything you see is original, untouched, just preserved. We had to climb a 32 foot (3 story) ladder to enter one of the dwellings.


This isn't a window..it's a door...and it's the itsy bitsy way out!



...check out this little guy...I don't know if it was a rattle snake or a garden snake, but I didn't stick around to find out....

and of course...a southern Colorado trip would not be complete with out a stop in the infamous Telluride, festival capital of Colorado!! My husband said.."Honey, lets move here!!!!" all google eyed taking in the beautiful eye candy....I don't know...Lotus in Telluride....sounds sort of nice....during the summer :) lol!



We had a great week!!


I also have a lot of extras to post, an amazing wedding, some uber-cool engagement shoots....you get the drift..it'll all be here soon!!

smiles!!
Melissa

4 comments:

Steven Kang said...

welcome back Melissa.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, those ruins are amazing! Such cool shots... I hope we don't wait 20 years to make that trek.. but who knows!

Mike Demastus said...

That was a trans-pecos rat snake...just in case you really were wondering!

Melissa Rich said...

I don't know what that is...but at least it's not a rattle snake :)